The Diary of Harry Medium

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Why Can't You Be More European?

Are you hoping for a miracle?

I'm embracing the following: Politics (a new interest), music (as usual), film and TV (as usual, the DVD of Big Train a new favourite), driving (stereo fixed=far better), Tony Hawks 3 (thanks for the tutorials, Piers) and Liz Phair (Exile In Guyville is a great late night album).

I've taken to taping most of autorain's rehearsals as I have difficulty remembering how to play the new songs we're working out. It seems to be a productive time...look out for band and solo gigs soon.

Kate Bush has become very important to me again recently, and I'm considering reintroducing a cover of "Cloudbusting" to the band and solo canon. It's a great weather song. Although "Wow" would be a great song to cover... in an Alan Partridge style.

Me and Dickie went to see Bloc Party in Sheffield on saturday. I was driving but unfortunately got so drunk at the start of the night that we nearly had to sleep in the car. I hadn't taken a sleeping bag and the thought of waking up cuddling Dickie in the boot was just too unbearable so I sobered up with four hours of endless cokes/toilet trips. The Leadmill was rammed, we were hot, Bloc Party were "good not great" (the sound was appalling), and the drive home interesting (Dickie being as pissed as a newt).

Interesting things happening in America, eh?

It's not enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home