The Diary of Harry Medium

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Please bury me with it

"Hello, people of earth."
So started my first official solo gig. Yes, I finally broke free and accepted solo "artiste" status. It started as an unexpected but much appreciated gig offer from LMCPromotions (www.lmcpromotions.tk - they are doing sterling work) and ended as a watershed of sorts...
Set:
  • Shake Me
  • Waiting For Answers
  • Portable Sun
  • Cloudbusting
  • Superman Is Dead
  • We Know How...
  • How Turns The Tide
  • Happy Man

Apparently, it was a very succesful night and having only a small crowd of friends sat at the back of a very large audience of young folk (full of beans and spunk) made me play harder. Several drinks later - followed by a quick thinking stop off at the off license - and we were all back at mine for a piss up of gigantic proportions - finally Andy Neal and myself got the chance to "jam" and the result was a post-gig gig in my front room. My mandolin has never felt so lovingly carressed and to quote Damo at the time: "Darren can die happy... Look at his face!". It was enjoyable to say the least, and expect new duo type music from us soon. We're thinking of calling ourselves "The Dreamboats" - heavy on the irony.

Good covers of Kate Bush and Sparklehorse (Happy Man), although the old Hopkirk song Shake Me was maybe a little wobblier than it should have been... I was still trying to remember it half an hour before the gig. I got a rockstar style high five during Happy Man too, and amazingly didn't lose my timing.

Modest Mouse are ace.

That's all I can think of for now... Hopefully news on more gigs and stuff soon.

Goodbike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home