The Diary of Harry Medium

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Whoah there, Pickle.

How's it going?
I played at GVPG and it was hard work. A long set and early playing time contributed, although there was an audience and they were relatively noisy considering it was about 730pm and they were all waiting for cover of darkeness to get "festivalled up". The set included:
  • Superman is Dead!
  • Portable Sun
  • Cloudbusting
  • How Turns The Tide
  • Hit The Sky
  • Cool Your Boots
  • Just One Word
  • Coast To Coast
  • We Know How But We Don't Know Why
  • Day of the Triffids
  • The Bridge
  • Waiting For Answers

Old songs went well, I especially enjoyed Hit The Sky. We Know How... and Day of the Triffids were...um, shall we say augmented by a drunk, smelly man on drums. He asked if he could play drums. I asked him if he could play drums. He said yes.

He was wrong. He was wrong and he didn't want to stop.

The next night I played at a birthday party in front of about 60 people. There was a hog roast and a lot of wine which maybe explains why I can't really remember what I played. I do remember playing Jolene by Dolly Parton for about 25 minutes. I do not know all the words to Jolene by Dolly Parton so you can imagine the singalong fun.

I do know all the words to Jolene by Cake however.

Last night I was back at The Brewer and went on second to try to get some people warmed up. I played Day of the Triffids and Happy Man by Sparklehorse (a cracking song - they are touring next month and I don't think I'll get to go. Boo.)

Watch the heat, make sure you drink plenty of water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home