The Diary of Harry Medium

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Some of our dinosaurs are missing:

Last night saw my triumphant return to the hallowed Jolly Brewer open mic night.

I got there late, wasn't able to put my name on the list as it was full and consequently got too drunk to care. Nerves abated, sandwiches eaten and too many beers quashed I was a happy (albeit slightly disappointed to not be playing) bunny. Then they asked me to play. 'Day of the Triffids' and 'Portable Sun' followed, with a snippet of the new UK pepsi chart (tm) no. 1 Arctic Monkey's 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor' cos I like it.

I'd moved up to second on the bill, and I thought I played very goodly (maybe that was the alcohol flowing through me) and there was people dancing, which was unexpected.

It was a fitting last Brewer Wednesday for the Right Honourable Butler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home